Importing Data Files

ReqIF Academy Forums Tools Importing Data Files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CABOT Laurent 3 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author

CABOT Laurent
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there any way to attach / encapsulate a data file in a requiremment ?
    Thanks in advance

jastram
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

Yes, there is. In a rich text field, you can add files, which then become part of the requirements set. The Rich Text Editor has a button to add files:

ReqIF Studio Handbook

The new Editor Extend has a sophisticated dialog for managing embedded objects:

Extend

CABOT Laurent
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
    Yes! I can encapsulate a zip file in a rtf file. I can import the rtf and I can see the imported rtf file in the folder. The rtf file appears in the requirement as an icon with zeros & ones. Therefore, importing a data file in a requirement should be perfect.

But then, how to download / extract / identify a document that is encapsulated in a requirement, except opening the xml in a text editor?

Thanks in advance / Best regards.

jastram
    Keymaster

Laurent,

> But then, how to download / extract / identify a document that is encapsulated in a requirement, except opening the xml in a text editor?

You don’t need the RTF wrapper. You can simply add any file to a rich text field. ReqIF Studio will turn it into a hyperlink, and the file will be stored in the Project folder.

You can then open the file from ReqIF Studio with your System Viewer (e.g. Excel for an embedded spreadsheet).

Have a look at this screenshot from Extend:
    Screenshot

I hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by  jastram.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 18 hours ago by  jastram.

CABOT Laurent
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, but I think there is a misunderstanding.
    I’ve clarified the question here with a screen capture:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wckJ57BWU6DKnYQ7CaoHdvorFNVRY9M2/view?usp=sharing
    Hope it helps!
    Many thanks in advance.
    Laurent

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.